Meet Our New Author: KristaLyn A Vetovich

Glass House Press is pleased to introduce you to one of our newest authors, KristaLyn A Vetovich! KristaLyn answered some fun questions about herself, her book, and some of her favorite things. Read on and get to know the newest talent at Glass House Press!.

Welcome, KristaLyn A Vetovich!



1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I've always enjoyed spinning a story, but I think I really recognized that it was my passion when my entire sixth-grade class had to write lines instead of taking recess … and I thoroughly enjoyed the punishment. It was the same sentence over and over, but just the act of writing made me happy. That's odd, isn't?
I finished my first book when I was thirteen and that's when the idea of writing as a career became my mission.
2. What is your favorite genre to write?
I can't help but write fantasy. I have a deep respect for writers who can tell a gripping story using real-world rules. I think I must be too starry-eyed to do it myself. I spend too much time wondering what it would be like to fly to be practical. Plus I'm terrible at math and science so I'll leave the laws of physics to those who understand them. I'm much more at home in the world in my head.
3. What five words would you use to describe your new book?
It's not about the hero. ;)
4. Tell us about your book.
You know how just about every story has the one person who is the only one who can save the world? This isn't like that.
The Prelude of the Reyn Gayst series is about what and who it takes to set the stage for that person. But I'm also planning on telling the hero story in the end.
5. Do you have any quirks when you write? Eat a certain snack? Listen to a certain type of music?
I can type up two thousand words before 9 AM, but then my productivity spirals, so I'm a morning writer, for sure.
I have a special secretary desk just for focused writing, but most of the time I end up writing on the couch with the news or football on TV. I've finished several books while "watching" the Super Bowl.
6. What is your favorite TV show at the moment?
I love Doctor Who. The two seconds in which I met David Tennant are some of the most treasured moments of my life. I was so dazed I nearly got hit by a cab afterward and declared I could die happy.
I also watch a lot of anime. It's inspired me to learn Japanese. I'll let you know how that goes...
7. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Singin' In The Rain or Mary Poppins. You can't imagine the reverence I have for Julie Andrews, and no one dances like Dick Van Dyke and Gene Kelly anymore. It's a bummer.
8. What is something that most people seem afraid of, that you aren't?
Ghosts. Horror movies are terrifying. You don't want to take me to a haunted hayride unless you're ready for a good laugh, but the idea of actually meeting a ghost in person doesn't bother me at all.
9. What is the best quote or quirk of your favorite character?
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - - Walt Disney
You can't deny he was a character!
10. What is your favorite color?
Blue. All blues. Every blue.
BONUS speed round:
Dogs or cats - Dogs every time (sorry, Laura!).
Past or future - I've worked hard to earn who I've become, so I guess future. On the other hand, you wouldn't have to ask me twice to hop into a time machine to go back and meet Walt Disney.
Winter or Summer - Summer. I'm a big baby when I'm cold. Ask my husband.
Scary book or funny book - Certainly not scary. My imagination convinces me that there are monsters waiting to pounce between me and the bathroom at night.
I love to laugh.
Valentine's Day or St. Patrick’s Day - I'm not one to pressure my husband for chocolate on just one day of the year, but I'm also not very Irish. I'll have to say St. Patrick's Day because that's the day we got our family dog, Bailey (as in Irish Cream).
ABOUT:
I've published six books and one short story. I LOVE to travel and have been to twenty different countries to help people and have fun. I also used to work for Disney World and that changed my life. I highly recommend it. I live in a treehouse (or at least that's what I call it) in Pennsylvania with my husband, Dan, and our corgi puppy, Jack Jack.
To learn more about KristaLyn A Vetovich, visit her website at:
Follow KristaLyn @authorkristalyn on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment